Excellent salary and development opportunities
I am currently looking to recruit an Safety Engineering Project Manager to join my client based in Hertfordshire
The Safety Engineering Project Manager. The engineering R&D development team are looking for a safety orientated engineering project manager to take our various automation projects and ensure safety compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The existing internal safety team act as consultants to the projects and other teams in product development and this is a role to act in a project management capacity, carrying out the typical PM duties of resource management, planning, risk management, etc to ensure that safety related activities to support the development of engineering systems and products during their lifecycle are carried out in accordance with the departmental methodology.
The Safety Engineering Project Manager has the responsibility of driving automation projects to completion by the project teams for safety and compliance matters, testing and all consequential and supporting documentation. Current project portfolio of 40+ existing projects with a pipeline of 15 new projects in 2019.
- Project managing the planning, execution, control and closing safety and regulatory compliance related work to achieve set goals and meet success criteria at the specified time by generating a stage gated development project plan in accordance with the departmental methodology. Define success milestones and manage development programs within budget and to timescale. Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Ensuring that appropriate contractual arrangements are negotiated and in place for projects and assisting other engineers in this process for safety and compliance related deliverables.
- Responsible for tracking safety and reporting compliance status for all projects to senior management.
- Where necessary drive the conclusion of the associated ECR/ECN process and ensuring the compliance through product lifecycle.
- Ensuring there is no outstanding technical debt associated with safety and regulatory compliance when machines at deployed on site.
- Matrix management of appropriate internal business-wide resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery
- Identification of stakeholders and management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress to stakeholders through the systematic identification, analysis, planning and implementation of actions designed to engage with individuals and groups affected by the project.
- Project closure – in conjunction with the Product Rollout Manager ensuring that product and associated documentation meet the criteria for entry into the product catalogue and for handover to Central Engineering.
- Line management and/or project leadership of engineering personnel assigned to related projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience.
Minimum: Degree in a technically related subject.
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware. Experience with electronics, robotics and vision is highly preferable.
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery.
- Communication Skills – Ability to give effective and engaging presentations to general audiences and be able to communicate effectively engineering topics to technical and non-technical stakeholders up to board level.
- Experience in managing project budgets and having to understand requirements trade-offs and applying the appropriate analysis tools in order to make decisions and manage variations from the specification, consult stakeholders as appropriate and gain resolution
- Good knowledge of project finances and how to manage project budgets as well as an appreciation of other related metrics such as cost of ownership of products.
- Experience in understanding and either quantify or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
- Must have very good negotiation skills with the ability to listen, comprehend, consider and assimilate others points of view with their own beliefs and visions.
- Experience in vendor selection and long term engagement for the delivery of services and products.
- Experience in making tactical and strategic based decisions of significance.
- Must have very good negotiation skills with the ability to listen, comprehend, consider and assimilate others points of view with their own beliefs and visions. Able to assimilate and combine different types of information relating to separate topics into a coherent view.
- Experience in giving effective presentations to stakeholders with different agendas and providing compelling evidence to guide stakeholders to the correct decision or consensus.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- A project management qualification., (APM PMQ or PRINCE2)
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Minstrell Recruitment Limited operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability.
Please be advised, to apply for this role candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We regularly experience a high volume of applications and in such instances; we are unable to respond to each application personally. If you have not received correspondence from us within 7 days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.