£18000.00 - £25000.00 Per year
Dependent on Experience
Job title Customer Support Technician
Reporting to Support Services Manager
Team Remote Operations Centre (ROC)
Our state-of-the-art bureau is the centre of our vision of delivering value to our customers. From our facility in Stockport, we are remotely connected to over 1,600 locations across Europe and remotely manage and control hundreds of thousands of building assets across the private and public sectors.
Working as a Support Technician you will have the opportunity to work within the support bureau offering 1st line support to clients. You will be working closely with other departments providing opportunity to digress into more technical roles as you progress within the company.
The role is primarily office based with shifts running from 6am to 10pm, Monday to Saturday. The company operates a 24/7 on call service Monday to Sunday; all Support Staff are required to undertake on call duties in support of this and is paid in addition to your annual salary.
We are looking for the right person, not the right qualifications! You need to be able to demonstrate commitment, adaptability, initiative, excellent customer service & investment in self. Also good time keeping skills and the ability to work within teams and on your own.
For this role you will need to be technically minded and preferably have an interest in computer systems. You may have personal projects that involve computer maintenance, building & coding. You may simply use computer packages to organise your life with an interest in automation. You may even just like and understand technology, this could be the start of a new career!
If you know what BMS, BEMS, HVAC, M&E or FM stand for within the facilities industry and would like to learn more, this role is for you!
If you have experience be it personally or in working life, are interested in progression or even just want to start a new career with great opportunities, then we want to hear from you!
• Provide support to clients for everyday issues
• Process work orders received from client management companies ensuring correct procedures are followed
• Monitor client energy usage and investigation usage outside of set parameters
• Alarm monitoring and investigation
Client Technical Support
• Provide ad hoc 2nd line technical support to clients
• Take responsibility for management of designated incoming alarms from supported clients.
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues using in house web-based tools and escalation procedures
• Provide advice and recommendations to maintenance staff as applicable.
Call Handling and Escalation
• Log all bureau activity using in house call handling and CRM Packages
• Escalate issues as necessary following defined procedures
• Provide call backs to customers in line with agreed SLA’s.
• Provide quality customer service at all times
Required Skills and Experience
• Good/Excellent computer literacy
• Use of Microsoft Packages
• Good Customer Service Skills
• Good Time Keeping
• Knowledge of a customer service/helpdesk environment
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Team player with a desire to help others.
• Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
• Willingness to learn new systems and technologies
• Can work to challenging deadlines
Working knowledge of one or all the following would be a distinct advantage:
• BMS / BEMS (Any level)
• FM Experience
• Knowledge of BMS/HVAC application
*Training will be provided for the right candidate.
• The role is primarily office based with shifts running from 6am to 10pm, Monday to Saturday.
• The company operates a 24/7 service Monday to Sunday and all Support Staff are required to undertake on call duties in support of this.
• This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to carry out additional duties appropriate to the nature and scope of the position.
Minstrell Recruitment Limited operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability.
Please be advised, to apply for this role candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We regularly experience a high volume of applications and in such instances; we are unable to respond to each application personally. If you have not received correspondence from us within 7 days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Our reputation for excellence has been earned from our team’s passion for detail, experience & honesty.