£11.38 - £11.80 Per hour
Time & Half paid after 37 hours
Start Date 19/02/18 Pay Grade £11.38 P/H
Responsible To Assistant Transport Manager
To assist in the continued maintenance and service of our mix fleet of vehicles including HGV and light commercial vehicles and to assure legal compliance in accordance with O license legislation.
The expected hours are 42 hours per week, made up of 37 hours at normal rate and 5 hours at time and a half between the hours of 7am and 4 pm.
• To ensure that all vehicles are roadworthy and legal when in use
• To ensure that repairs are carried out in a timely manner with the least possible operational disruption in accordance with the priorities agreed with his/her manager and the operational departments as appropriate.
• To ensure that the Councils Operators licence is observed and maintained
• To ensure the work schedule for the transport section is followed
• To be fully conversant with the safe operation of all key equipment including rear end loaders and other collection vehicles, and to be able to provide diagnostics and repairs to such equipment. In the case of specialist equipment to arrange for appropriate advice and backup. To ensure that the plant is safe when in operation
• To carry out such other duties that may reasonably be required by the Assistant Transport Manager.
(type of experience needed)
• Experience in service and maintenance of a wide variety of HGV vehicles
• Knowledge and understanding of the relevant legal requirements needed to operate a fleet of HGV vehicles
• Able to communicate with a range of people from different backgrounds including ethnic social and professional both verbally and in writing
(minimum qualifications needed, relevant experience may be a substitute)
• Qualified large goods vehicle fitter
• LGV Licence sufficient to be able to drive fleet vehicles
Skills and Abilities
(written/oral communication, dealing with public, team working skills) • Able to respond quickly to changing service needs and operate under pressure
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Open minded and adaptable
• Able to work on own initiative, taking responsibility and ‘going the extra mile’ to ensure effective service delivery
• Self-aware and open to feedback, actively seeks views of others and facilitates team input and advice to achieve outcomes
• Innovative problem solver, with a positive outlook to resolving challenges
Additional Work Elements
• In the event of a major incident or disaster we are required to provide the necessary organisation, co-ordination and supply of resources to support the local key emergency services. To ensure that we are fully prepared, as an employee, you may be required to provide assistance in whatever capacity necessary and to participate in any training exercises that are mounted.
• We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment and to act in such a way that supports this. All employees are expected to familiarise themselves with and adhere to the appropriate policies and associated guidance and attend training as required.
For more information and to apply please contact John on 07769 110 373
Minstrell Recruitment Limited operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability.
Please be advised, to apply for this role candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We regularly experience a high volume of applications and in such instances; we are unable to respond to each application personally. If you have not received correspondence from us within 7 days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Our reputation for excellence has been earned from our team’s passion for detail, experience & honesty.