We are looking for an experienced Site Engineer for a position available in the Gwent area
The roles are for site based site engineers who will be technically responsible for a section of the works. They will manage technicians or student engineers. Applicants should have a relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience in a site engineers role.
There are a number of roles avaliable with start dates through to June 2018.
Desirable qualifications: TMICE, IEng MICE
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
1 Safety, Health, Environment & Sustainability
- Produce method statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers
- Know the company procedures and statutory regulations relating to environmental and waste management issues. Carry out necessary monitoring under the guidance of others.
2 Dimensional/Spatial Control
- Provides dimensional control for a section of the works
- Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required
- Establishes and maintains secondary control on the project from primary control
- Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
- Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated
- Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment
3 Workmanship, Quality, Inspection & Testing
- Raises Non Conformance Report (NCR) for all non conformances and reports potential non-conformances
- Produces Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) that correctly interpret the specified quality requirements
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Request for Witness and Approval (RWA) procedures
- Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Applies the company and external technical information to help achieve the specified quality requirements
- Adopts and promotes a culture of “right first time”
4 Information, Change Control & Records
- Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always presented to them
- Marks up drawings & specifications with any changes referencing the documentation that verifies the change
- Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specification and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches
5 Permanent Works Materials, Products, Plant & Systems
- Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off / requisitions
- Carries out on site testing of materials, products, plant and systems as required by their role
6 Construction Methods, Practices and Innovation
- Reads and understands method statements and makes sure that site operations follow these methods accurately reporting any variances to supervisors and his supervising engineer
- Produces sketches and drawings to clarify methods and construction sequences
7 Temporary Works/Systems & Cranes
- Takes on the role of temporary works inspector for standard temporary works they are involved with
- Makes sure that temporary works on their section are identified and the temporary works procedure is applied to them
8 Engineering Knowledge – Capture, Sharing & Using
- Interrogate design information and determine if there are sufficient details to construct the works. Raise relevant documentation (e.g. TIEs, TQs, CVIs, etc) with assistance from supervising engineers / managers, to resolve discrepancies and anomalies detected.
- Effective communication of technical information to the workforce and liaison with functions/support services within the project team in a timely & accurate manner.
- Provide feedback to supervising engineers / managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site
- Preparation of basic calculations/drawings/sketches
Minstrell Recruitment Limited operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability.
Please be advised, to apply for this role candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We regularly experience a high volume of applications and in such instances; we are unable to respond to each application personally. If you have not received correspondence from us within 7 days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.